Posted 10/10/2018 02:34PM
Parents are invited to join us for our outdoor Halloween Parade on Wednesday morning, Oct. 31. The day's schedule is as follows:
- The Halloween Parade will begin at 9:15 a.m. Parents are invited to view the outdoor parade, which will take place on the grass field. (See parade map) Parents, please do not arrive any earlier than 9:00 a.m. The parade will only occur with the weather's cooperation.
- Parents, please be aware that parking will be EXTREMELY RESTRICTED at school, at the library, and at the nearby retail areas on Wednesday, Oct. 31.
- To ensure that everyone can arrive for the parade with little difficulty, we are asking parents to take advantage of off-site parking with shuttle service.
- As a service to our families, we have arrangements with a local business partner (see the parking map on the virtual backpack) that is offering free parking at 111 Barclay Boulevard in Lincolnshire, slightly southwest of the school (south of Half Day Road and east of Staybridge Suites).
- Additionally, District 103 is providing a shuttle that will run every 5-10 minutes, from 8:50–10:30 a.m. to transport families to Half Day School with return service to the parking lot on Barclay. Shuttle pick up at 111 Barclay Blvd. will be outside at the main entrance of the front of the building.
- Please also take note on the parking map, which specifically highlights the No Parking areas at the Vernon Area Public Library.
- Students should arrive to school in their costumes. Please send a change of clothes along if you would like your child to change.
- All makeup and hairspray or hair coloring should be completed before school.
- Any item that is, or could serve as, a weapon MUST be left at home.
- The classroom Halloween party will begin after the parade ends. Only room parents will be involved to support the in-class party activities.
- Classroom party treats MUST comply with the following guidelines:
- Only individually wrapped food items in their original packaging may be provided.
- Products may NOT contain peanuts, almonds, walnuts, or any other nut product and must be processed in a "nut-free" environment.
- Ingredient labels must be provided.
- All treats should be dropped off or left at the office and NOT be brought into the classroom.
- More details about the policy and procedures regarding healthy and safe foods are available on our Health & Wellness webpage.