Preschool registration for Lincolnshire–Prairie View School District 103 opens Friday, Jan. 18 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for children who will turn 3 or 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2019. This program is held at Laura B. Sprague School, 2425 Riverwoods Road, Lincolnshire, and is open to children who live in the district.
If parents cannot attend the Jan. 18 registration day, they are welcome to register their future preschooler any school day between the hours of 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Registration takes about an hour to complete.
Parents or guardians will need to bring the following documents to Sprague School in order to register a child:
- The child's original birth certificate or passport (a photocopy of the birth certificate and/or a hospital certification of birth cannot be accepted).
- Proof of District 103 residency. Please refer to our residency requirements on our district website.
A developmental screening will be conducted prior to classroom assignment.
Characteristics of the D103 preschool program, commonly referred to as the D103 Early Childhood Community Peer program, include:
- Children attend school five days a week, Monday through Friday
- Morning classes run from 8:30–11:00 a.m.
- Afternoon classes run from 12:00–2:30 p.m.
- Tuition is $3,083 for the blended preschool program for the school year
- Low student to teacher ratio
- Certified teachers with degrees in early childhood education
- Strong team of specialists to support classroom learning
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum in
- Social–Emotional Skills
Benefits for the blended peer preschool students include:
- Builds familiarity with Laura B. Sprague School prior to kindergarten
- Participation in "specials" (i.e., physical education, music and library) taught by Sprague staff
- Participation in "centers" instructed by support personnel (i.e., specialists in speech/language, occupational therapy and social work)
- Attends developmentally appropriate school assemblies and events
- Opportunities to informally interact with kindergarten teachers and classrooms
For more information, please visit our Early Childhood webpage at www.d103.org/earlychildhood.
Laura B. Sprague School is part of Lincolnshire-Prairie View School District 103, a nationally recognized elementary district. Sprague School serves students in early childhood through second grade. For more information about the early childhood program, please call the Sprague School office at 847-945-6665, or email Dawn Ripoli at email@example.com.